Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Lamborghini with elastic bug :)

Hi vacationers,

Today Bruno and I were working on my scenario of "elastic past" then encountered a very curious and interesting bug, switching between elastic present and past!! It's Bruno's "Lamborghini", variation of Fred's original patch :) and will be in our shelf for future (or immediate) use! For this iMUBU is very useful and during our testing this morning:

IT DID NOT CRASH EVEN ONCE!!!! :):):):)
(I'm not being cynical, but just overjoyed :)

Another news today is that Benjamin Lévy came through with a stand-alone Omax patch I had asked for, which is now interacting with Nicolas' "Ending detectors"! (GF). I see a lot of possibilities in the future working with Fred's phrase recognition with Omax so it will start to 'interact' more.

Cheers!
mari

ps. 7:30PM
Now that it is almost two weeks before the 'concert', I am getting into "crises" mode, which is to say that I now have to have a back up plan. I'm building a "Canon Elastique" with superVP.ring~ which seems to 'fake' the job :) Sorry, deadline is a deadline :) It will be fun to compare the outcome and also discuss 'crises' approach in interactive computer music programming... :) I have to run the piece, rain or shine :):)

9:50PM
From formally distressed New Yorker driver :)

Bruno, don't kill yourself tuning up the Lamborghini. I have already made the "Toyota" version (superVP.scrub~) of my new piece, using Nicolas' stillness control with my zmaping. This is kind of a "Toyota" simulation of Lamborghini but for this particular piece it works just fine and looks impressive with Norbert's slider (it scrubs and it shows). Norbert's loathed "pipe" object is used ONLY ONCE at the beginning. Rest of the start/stop depends on scrub~ length.

Let's take a good time trying to make our Lamborghini work without stress :)

I just have to come up with a convincing demo using the MUBU-GF for Sept. 2nd. It just isn't stable enough and time is too short to run a new piece for the radio in two weeks. My adrenalin can't take it LOL!

I would like to concentrate on making MUBU-GF working for the Clone piece and I think that's all I can handle. I hope that's OK....

BTW iMUBU stopped crashing! Seriously!!! :):)

No comments:

Post a Comment